Children learn best in a nurturing, child-initiated play-based environment that fosters self-confidence, trust, creativity, autonomy and acceptance of individual differences. Each classroom at the center will implement developmentally appropriate practices, achieving curriculum goals in the context of a caring community of learners in which all children can develop.
Families are an integral part of the education and care of their children.
- Teachers respect, value, and accept children and treat them with dignity at all times.
- Teachers make it a priority to know each child well.
- Teachers create an intellectually engaging, responsive environment to promote each child’s development and learning.
- Teachers make plans to enable children to attain key curriculum goals across various disciplines, such as language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, art, music, physical education, and health.
- Teachers foster children’s collaboration with peers on interesting, important enterprises.
- Teachers develop, refine, and use a wide repertoire of teaching strategies to enhance children’s learning and development.
Teachers facilitate the development of responsibility and self-regulation in children.