Admission to the HDFS graduate program requires the following:
The GRE exam is not required for admission for Fall 2021 due to the pandemic
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- An official Texas State Graduate College application
- Steps to Apply: http://www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/programs.html
- Deadline and application information for the M.S. in Human Development and Family Sciences is available at https://www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/programs/human-dev.html
- Priority Deadline = December 1; Standard Deadline = February 15
- A GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Not required for admission for Fall 2021 - Official GRE (general test only) required with competitive scores in the verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections.
- An official transcript from each college or university attended
- Three letters of recommendation must be uploaded with the Graduate Admissions Upload tool.
- A 500-word statement of purpose
- A resume